Career Counselling Cell
- To develop the Career and Academic interests through individual counselling and group discussion.
- To help students implement successful job strategies.
- To create awareness among the students regarding career trends.
- To enhance soft skills of the students and make them industry ready.
- Cell may launch Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDPs) and self employment guidance sessions for young talents.
- Government of Odisha, Higher Education Dept. established Career Counselling Cells in 52 Government colleges vide letter 18157/HE, Dated 23/06/18. A grant of Rs 3 lakh ( 2 lakh in Non-Recurring head for procurement of non-recurring items like Projector, Computer, Printer etc. and Rs1 lakh in Recurring head as honorarium for counsellors and Resource Persons etc.)
- Mousumi Das, Assistant Professor in Economics was appointed as Co-ordinator, Career Counselling Cell vide letter no.2264/dt.29-06-18. Mrs Lekha Das, Asst. Professor in Psychology as Assistant Co-ordinator, Sri Bhadrasen Bhoina, Junior clerk as part-time accountant and Sri Krushna Chandra Behera,DWW as peon.
- The Career Counselling Cell was discontinued as a scheme of department of Higher Education, Govt. of Odisha vide letter 5372/HE/dated 03/02/2021 and as requested vide the letter the unspent amount of Rs.34,036 and the interest amount of Rs. 11,691/- was deposited vide cheques no.026764 and 026765/dated 18-02-21.
- However as per the MOU signed with OHEPEE, vide letter 2395/dated 25-10-21,as a part of Annual Performance Milestone(APMs),for Student Career Advancement at least two Career Counselling and two Placement meetings were to be conducted for final year students(Online/Offline) Mode and the expenditure to be met from Non-civil fund allocated to the colleges.
Dr. Lipsa Mishra
Dr. Kalyani Biswal